Tuesday, June 28, 2011

For All the Coffee Lovers Out There...

Born on June 28th: Kathy Bates, Mel Brooks, John Cusack, Gilda Radner, Peter Paul Rubens

Quote of the Day: Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks? - Steven Wright


I didn't start drinking coffee until I was a teacher and it was so readily available in the teacher's lounge. Since then, I've gone back and forth between being a coffee drinker and stopping now and then (I didn't go near caffeine at all when I was pregnant, for instance). Most of the time, however, I like a morning cup of coffee. If you're a coffee drinker (and even if you're not) you might enjoy this video. It's told with a nice dollop of humor.


So are you one of those "must have coffee" people? Tea? Cola? Or none of the above?

Have a good (caffeinated or decaffeinated) day!

4 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I drink both tea & coffee equally. Good tea & coffee are one of life's little pleasures. I do NOT like cola.

Myrna Mackenzie said...

I have to admit that if I don't have a cup of coffee in the morning, I do get a bit cranky now that I'm used to having it every day. That morning cup is almost a signal for the day to begin in earnest.

Laney4 said...

Sorry for the delay. Haven't been on the computer much. (BTW, I couldn't open your double post blog.)
I've never tried coffee and don't plan on it, either. Don't like the smell.
I will drink tea when it's included with my food in restaurants, but only then, because I use three packets of sugar per coffee cup! I've tried cutting back but haven't succeeded.
My nemesis is Pepsi. I have not had a drink of pop (other than as a mix in my Shirley Temple drinks when out with friends at a bar watching good friends perform in their band a few times) since Oct 29/10. Do I miss it? Do birds fly? I would drink Pepsi every single day if it didn't have so much sugar and if I didn't gain weight because of it. (No, I don't want to drink diet pop either. Don't like the flavour.) So I drink water ... and milk ... and water.... Have I mentioned water?

Myrna Mackenzie said...

Elaine, I understand the temptation of Pepsi. I like cola, but pretty much gave it up. I tend to be a bit of a sugar addict, so I have to really watch myself.

I'm sorry about you not being able to open the double post blog. I can't figure out what's wrong, because it's a simple embed code and it works on my system. But it's a nice video, so if you click the powerflyerliners link beneath it, that will take you to the original on Vimeo (it takes almost 15 seconds for the video to start playing once you hit the play button).