Friday, June 17, 2011

Skydiving for Those With a Fear of Heights

Born on June 17th: M. C. Escher, Will Forte, Greg Kinnear, Barry Manilow, Igor Stravinsky, Venus Williams via NNDB


Quote of the Day: Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


I'm no adventurer, at least not in the usual sense. Yes, I write books, which any writer will tell you is a wonderful but insane way to try to make a living, so in that sense I guess I do have adventures of a sort. And I have hiked many trails, including some up mountains (small mountains). I've gone white water rafting, but only after being coaxed into it (it was fun, but if I did again, there would have to be more coaxing. Serious coaxing and some arm twisting, because I'm the sort who likes her feet firmly on level ground most of the time). 

I do have adventurous relatives, however, including one who used to skydive. We've all watched those videos of people linking hands mid-air or getting married mid-air or turning somersaults mid-air, and it's fascinating to watch people jump out of airplanes and perform that type of aerial ballet. But I can tell you that I'm never going to skydive unless it's like this:



Now that looks like fun! What do you think?

And what's the most adventurous thing you ever did?

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Mary Preston said...

I feel car- sick just looking at it. No thank you.

marypres@gmail.com