Sunday, July 24, 2011

How Books Were Made When Dinosaurs Roamed the Earth

Okay, maybe not dinosaurs. Or even Neanderthals. But, as you can see from this 1947 video, it took a lot of work to print a book back in the day. It's a wonder that books got printed at all. I had to stop and take a nap after just a few minutes of watching this. If I'd had to go through all this to get a book, I probably would have changed my profession (lion taming? surgeon? ventriloquist)? Fortunately I get the fun part of making books, the "make up wild stuff and hope everyone believes it" part.

And I'm just kidding about the video. This one is in that wonderful, old fashioned black and white with the reassuring narrator. It's informative and nostalgic, and I do love a bit of nostalgia. Enjoy!



Still, thank goodness for modern technology!

2 comments:

Mary Preston said...

It's fascinating.

Myrna Mackenzie said...

I don't know what it is about these old videos, but I really enjoy them.