Sunday, July 3, 2011

If You're Tired of All Those Drug Commercials...

Born on July 3rd: Dave Barry, Laura Branigan, George M. Cohan, Yeardley Smith


Quote of the Day: I think people really appreciate clever commercials, as do I. I think they're very entertaining. You just have to wade through all the garbage. That's one of the reasons people watch the Super Bowl. A lot of them watch it to see the commercials and not the actual game. - Kevin Nealon



If you've watched one too many of those drug commercials that claim your whole life will be changed by a pill as long as you can manage to dodge the horrific side effects listed at the end, you may like this fake commercial. (Note: I'm not knocking beneficial drugs. They are life saving and I'm grateful for the researchers who work hard to find cures for real problems, but I did find this amusing). 


Have a healthy and happy day!

2 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I like the quote. There are commercials that crack me up every time I see them. These tend to be clever & witty.

Myrna Mackenzie said...

Mary, I really like clever commercials. They used to televise the annual commercial awards show (are they called the Clio Awards?) and it was so much fun because pre-internet days, we got to see the best of the international commercials that we would never have been able to see otherwise.