Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mr. Rogers Shows Us How to Live Again

A redditor posted a letter he had sent to Mr. Rogers years ago (in the 80's). He was looking for places to purchase Atari games, so he went directly to a man he trusted. Here's Mr. Rogers' response:


What a class act he was! Still miss him. The funny (or maybe sad) thing is that when I was in my early 20's I thought he was kind of silly. It just goes to show you how much a person's attitude changes as they mature. I'm glad I grew out of that "too cool to appreciate Mr. Rogers" phase. Here's the link to the original reddit discussion. 

Mr. Rogers

3 comments:

Laney4 said...

I wasn't able to watch him when I was a kid, but I certainly watched him (and Mr. McFeely) with my own kids in the eighties and early nineties. I missed him when he went off the air, and I too still miss him.
In Canada, we had his good friend, Mr. Dressup, also on television. I enjoyed watching that show with my kids too.

Myrna Mackenzie said...

Mr. Dressup? For real? I'll have to go looking for a video.

Laney4 said...

I just Googled it myself. Oh ... the memories. Hard to believe he's been gone for almost 11 years now. He was a big part of my kids' formative years, as we all sat down and enjoyed the show together weekday mornings....