Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Homemade Christmas Ornaments

Isn't this pretty? Find out how to knit it on Ravelry.

Sternkissen ornament

Or how about this pretty heart or star? They're made from felt, ribbon and a few stitches. Instructions at Bugs and Fishes.

Felt Star and Heart Ornaments 2

Another heart (knitted). These instructions aren't exactly the same, but they're very close.

IMG_3179

And this one is from paper. The original instructions at House Revivals used book pages (which ended up looking a lot more awesome than it sounds), but as you can see, you can make modifications.

Woven Paper Ornament
Source

I'm still decorating, so maybe I'll have a new ornament or two this year.

2 comments:

Mary Preston said...

My most treasured ornaments are still those made by my children when they were very young. You can't beat the personal touch.

Myrna Mackenzie said...

I love those! We have some with homemade ones with school photos on them. Those are my favorites.