Thursday, October 29, 2015

Now That's a Halloween Costume!

I know. I know. We all hate vertical videos, but the costume was just too interesting to pass up posting this video. I'd love to see the details on this one.


And...to add a little comedy, here's Jack Black showing us 80 years of Halloween costumes (I know, he's on a press tour for the Goosebumps movie, and I'm assuming this is part of that). This one is slightly out there, a bit NSFW. Just so you know.


Lastly, if you're in a bind and need a Halloween costume fast, there's always this devil costume (below). I know this, because when my youngest was not quite 2, we decided to take him to a community Halloween party and--not having anticipated the party thing--I had to come up with a costume fast. I took a red headband I had lying around and a couple of pieces of red felt I shaped into horns and affixed to the headband. I dressed him in a red sweatsuit, took some red yarn and braided it into a tail with a felt arrow on the end (and just a couple of stitches to attach it to his pants). He was ready to go in just a few minutes. And as you can see, a red sweater works just fine. 

Whether you dress up or not, go to a party (or not), or simply sit at home and enjoy the parade of children decked out in their costumes, enjoy the day!

Best Wishes,

Myrna

4 comments:

Laney4 said...

Just finished my costume for tonight's badminton. I took a big box, cut out a place for my head to go through it, slots down the sides for my arms to move (so I can swing a racquet wearing it), duct taped it everywhere, and put a giant bow and ribbons on the front. What am I dressed as? Figured it out yet? I am God's Gift to Men! Yup. I'm crazy like that.

Myrna Mackenzie said...

I love it! And swinging a racquet while wearing a box? I bow to your flexibility. LOL

Laney4 said...

It wasn't pretty, but it was a lot of fun, Myrna! Made so many people smile. Several commented on my "bubble gum stuck to the shoe" costume last year (pink top/shorts/socks with child's sandal glue-gunned to hairband) and a couple commented on my "Paper Bag Princess" costume (brown paper bags made into a vest and skirt worn over my T-shirt and skort, with a dollar-store tiara) the year before. I DO love dressing up.
My daughter is hosting a party tomorrow and expects me to be wearing that God forsaken box there. Nope! I'm going to the dollar store to buy some black birds, and I'm glue-gunning them to an old T-shirt, with red "blood" dripping. I will be Tippy Hedren in The Birds movie! Much easier to wear in public (and I might wear it again next year for badminton!)....

Myrna Mackenzie said...

You have such a creative mind! I love both the gum and Tippy Hedren costume ideas.