Saturday, September 28, 2024

When You Just Can't Get That Jar or Bottle to Open

 I've never been big on promoting products, but last week I realized that something I bought about 18 months ago was a very satisfying purchase. It's nothing exciting or fancy. In fact, it's rather a dull item. I was reading a story on a review site, and the topic was jar openers. They declared that the Swiss-made Kuhn Rikon Gripper Jar Opener was hands-down the winner, but many of their reviewers thought that it might be too bulky. 

I wasn't worried about that. I have a drawer in the kitchen for odds and end items like that, and I really needed a product like that. There are certain containers where I struggle every time I open them. Admittedly, it's a bit expensive. I bought it from Amazon, but it can be purchased direct from the Kuhn Rikon site for a better price (not sure what shipping costs are there). 


For such a boring item, it's proven to be invaluable. I use it all the time, and it's never failed me yet. Here's a video (not mine) to show it in action.


I hope that someone finds this to be helpful.

Best Wishes,

Myrna

No comments: