Thursday, June 23, 2011

Don't We All Feel Like Beating Up Our Computers Now and Then?

Born on June 23rd: Richard Bach, Selma Blair, Bryan Brown, June Carter Cash, King Edward VIII, Bob Fosse, Frances McDormand, Alan Turing, Joss Whedon via NNDB

Quote of the Day: Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog. - Doug Larson


Remember the days of dial-up? This was how I sometimes felt. (This isn't a new video--it's from 2009--but it's still fun to watch). 


via Misscellania
Note: I just discovered that the creator of the video above is now working for Dreamworks. The video was her thesis film when she was in college.

(Hmm, I wonder if I subconsciously felt a desire to post this because my computer is misbehaving today).
Ever have one of those computer days? I'll bet you have.

Best Wishes,

3 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I have re-booted twice today. The router is NOT happy. We recently bought a new tower thingy, so that made life easier.

Laney4 said...

Thanks for the animation. Seems about right....

Aren't all parts of a computer called thingies? LOL. I'm sure they are.

Must be a case of "can't live with them, can't live without them", or something like that.

Hotmail isn't filtering my spam emails very well, and I'm now getting over a dozen a day. Not thrilled with that.

My computer is getting slower and slower. I deleted my internet history, compressed files, etc., so now I'm thinking that I should delete my recycling bin. Oh, how I hate doing that, as the day after I do it, I want something from it, or at least it seems that way.

Re-booting seems to be an almost everyday occurrence. Not fun.

Guess I'll go delete that bin. Thanks for the gentle push.

Myrna Mackenzie said...

Elaine, have you checked for gremlins living inside? I always assume that's what slows my computer down. Because you know, then it's beyond my control and no amount of running Spybot or unplugging and replugging the modem will make a bit of difference, so I don't have to waste my time trying to decipher and fix anything (including any of the thingies, because yes, that is what they're called, right)?

Mary, your computer sounds like my husband's (also known as the "new" computer and the one I'm on right now). It has started crashing several times a day. I try never to write or post blog entries on it, because it will crash before I have a chance to save or autosave. I love computers, but not dealing with computer problems. Mine (the old one) doesn't crash, but it does slow down (many minutes spent drumming my fingers on the desk or engaging in other annoying time wasters).