Saturday, June 25, 2011

For Star Trek Fans...

Born on June 25th: Ricky Gervais, June Lockhart, George Orwell, Carly Simon

Quote of the Day: How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life. - James Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Bonus quote: It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life. - Captain Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation


Not a new video, but still fun if you're a Star Trek fan (and I am). 



Stop wearing those red shirts, guys!

If you're a Star Trek fan, this next one, a 40th anniversary tribute (through 2006 and posted on YouTube in 2007) may bring a tear to your eye, but if you're not a fan, it may not be your cup of tea. Just so you know.





I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that not everyone is a Star Trek fan. (What a shock! LOL)
And since I know that we're a global community and we all have see different television shows in our respective parts of the world (at least in part), what are some of your favorites? I don't watch a lot of television these days, but I do tune in now and then (although obviously not to Star Trek  anymore).

Best Wishes to all Trekkies and non-Trekkies alike,

3 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I AM a Star Trek fan. I'm watching, re-watching, Star Trek:The Next Generation on a Thursday night. It's a lot of fun.

Laney4 said...

I enjoyed those videos. Many thanks....

I watched the original series in the 60s, as well as most of the episodes of all the spinoff series throughout the years. Even today I watch repeats of all of them, although my favourite show BY FAR was on the original series when Joan Collins guest starred.

As for today, since I play badminton five nights a week, I tape shows to watch later. The only non-talk-shows I record are NCIS (love my Mark Harmon), figure skating programs, and Dancing with the Stars, depending on the dancers.

Myrna Mackenzie said...

I like to rewatch the old Star Treks, too. Somehow I missed Deep Space Nine but I've seen all the others. And I do think that The Next Generation was my favorite (although I liked all of them, including the latest movie).

I agree on Dancing with the Stars. Some seasons I don't watch at all.