Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some Forgotten Musicals

Born on June 26th: Branwell Brontë, Pearl S. Buck, Sean Hayes, Chris Isaak via NNDB

Quote of the day: The musicals had a good, happy feeling, saying that the world is a better place. They say it's not reality, but who cares? There's too much reality these days.


I went to the theater this weekend. It wasn't a musical, but the very act of walking into a theater makes me think of musicals. Here are some old favorites, just for the fun of it.





From My Fair Lady


And of course there are many others. I'll save those for another day (when I need a touch of nostalgia). But I've been wracking my brain trying to think of all my favorites, both current and older. What are some of your favorites?

Best Wishes,

3 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I love musicals. The King & I would be a favourite. In the movie WALL-E, they play music from HELLO DOLLY & it's brilliant.

Laney4 said...

SOUND OF MUSIC. Enjoyed seeing the entire cast on Oprah last year too.

CHICAGO. Didn't see the entire show, but enjoyed clips with Catherine Zeta Jones (and Bebe Neuwirth on Broadway too).

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS. Just attended our local theatre production last night. We were fortunate to have stars from Broadway, etc. performing in it too.

Myrna Mackenzie said...

Wouldn't it be great if they made a few more musicals? I suppose they're too expensive to make these days (and perhaps they don't bring in enough at the box office), but I would be there.

Oh, and yes, THE SOUND OF MUSIC! I'm not familiar with DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS but I did see CHICAGO, both live and at the movies.

After I saw WALL-E, I had to go hunt down the music from HELLO DOLLY again. It was such a poignant part of the movie.