Friday, August 26, 2016

Do You Doodle?

Don't we all doodle (at least from time to time)? How many times have you been talking on the phone and scribbling on the nearest piece of scratch paper? For me that answer would be lots.

In addition, back when I was teaching grammar school, I was sometimes called on to teach art even though I have no art background. Doodles and doodle projects came in handy on those days when I was having trouble coming up with an idea. Doodles tend to be the type of project that anyone can do. There is no wrong way to doodle, and those were always fun projects.

I even like watching other people doodle, as in this video:

But maybe you'd like to do something more practical with your doodles. One idea is to decorate a gift bag. Buy plain white craft bags or gift bags and decorate away.

Or...there used to be doodle mugs with doodles drawn on them (not the dogs, just a random design). I can't find them anymore (this is a 2024 update), but you can make your own. Here are some written instructions. And here's a video. (Note:the mugs have to be baked and they can only be hand washed).

I used to have my students make doodle name tags which could be laminated and kept for future use. I'm sure there are other ideas. If you can think of any, post them in the comments below. 

Happy doodling!

Myrna

No comments: