Saturday, August 27, 2016

Food as Art

I used to follow a blog called Raspberri Cupcakes because the author's baked goods were so beautiful they were almost works of art (or maybe actually works of art). Unfortunately, she's not blogging anymore, but all of her recipes are still there. I highly recommend you click over there. Each recipe is more lovely than the next, and she took great photos as well. Back in 2012 I once did a blog post on her Purple Ombre Sprinkles Cake and she gave me permission to post the photo. Check that post out here. And here's another of her baked goods, a Creative Commons photo from Flickr:
Raspberry Swirl Cupcakes
These are raspberry swirl cupcakes, and you can find the recipe here.

Another couple I followed was a husband/wife team who have a company called Tiger in a Jar and they made (make? I assume they're still in business) amazing and very pretty videos, some of which are about food. The most recent one I can find is, unfortunately, a Vimeo video with restrictions on embedding, so I can only provide the link for the Pumpkin Bread Pudding recipe, but here's an old favorite, Beet Cake.

And then there's also this video where 3 teams of chefs attempt to create works of art with food:

What fun! Enjoy!

No comments: