Monday, September 5, 2016

Personalized DIY Greeting Cards: The Waterfall Card

I used to write and sell greeting card verse, so I have a soft spot for cards. Here's one I wrote. I'll freely admit that the art is what makes the card, and I have no idea who the artist was. I would love to know so that I could credit them. This card is many years old.


So, I buy a fair amount of greeting cards, but sometimes it's just fun to make your own. So, in the spirit of personalizing the message, how about a waterfall card? 


Here are some instructions for one type of waterfall card.

And another:

There are some very elaborate ones on YouTube. Just type in Waterfall Card and you'll find some patterned ones, stamped ones, ones where the waterfall parts are shaped like hearts and so on.

Of course, the cards can also be bought. Try Etsy.

With the holidays coming (Halloween, Christmas), this might be the perfect time to start making cards. Have fun!

2 comments:

Laney4 said...

Those are all cute! Thanks so much for sharing, Myrna!

Myrna Mackenzie said...

You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed them. I had a blast writing this post.